Launchpad Entry: server-maverick-serverguide-updates
Created: 15 October 2010
Contributors: Ubuntu Doc Team, Ubuntu Server Team
Packages affected: ubuntu-serverguide
Gather and confirm ideas on additions and updates for the Server Guide during the Ubuntu 10.10 release cycle.
A significant amount of problems with any computer system can be solved with good documentation. To that end having relevant and up to date documentation for the Ubuntu Server Edition is a worthwhile venture.
It is valuable to ship Ubuntu Server Edition with updated documentation on how to install and configure some services on Ubuntu Server.
Also, fix any bugs in the documentation that are discovered or left over from previous releases.
Read through the Server Guide, and report bugs on any issues with the guide. Issues will include grammar errors, spelling errors, command errors, application/package names, path names, etc.
BoF agenda and discussion
- Make sure translations are working for the PDF and HTML versions.
- Better document the Ubuntu cluster stack.
- Credential caching for LDAP and Kerberos client authentication.
- Power management
- Dynamic DNS updates via DHCP.
- Bug Fixes
- Section Updates
- Package names, version numbers, etc.
- Mail Section
- Better document the dovecot-postfix package.
- Merge Dovecot section with Postfix.
- Instructions for virtio disks.
- Grub2 server related configuration section.
- Update UEC Documentation
- Maybe document a quick sample local cloud application?