Launchpad Entry: lucid-serverguide
Created: 10 November 2009
Contributors: Ubuntu Doc Team
Packages affected: ubuntu-serverguide
Gather and confirm ideas on additions and updates for the Server Guide during the Ubuntu 10.04 release cycle.
A significant amount of problems with any computer system can be solved with good documentation. To that end having relevant and up to date documentation for the Ubuntu Server Edition is a worthwhile venture.
Documentation shipped with Ubuntu Server Edition in the ubuntu-serverguide package. Also, the content is available on the help.ubuntu.com web site.
Server admins are reading the Server Guide.
Read through the Server Guide, and report bugs on any issues with the guide. Issues will include grammar errors, spelling errors, command errors, application/package names, path names, etc.
BoF agenda and discussion
- Fix issues with LDAP section.
- Multiple bugs with the Replication Section.
- Make sure instructions are as clear as possible.
- Better document the Ubuntu cluster stack.
- Credential caching for LDAP and Kerberos client authentication.
- Power management
- Dynamic DNS updates via DHCP.
- Bug Fixes
- Updates to custom developed apps.
- Section updates.
- New versions, new commands, etc.
- Mail Section
- Better document the dovecot-postfix package.
- Merge Dovecot section with Postfix.
Improve Eucalyptus and OpenNebula sections.
- Merge UEC documentation with the Server Guide.
- Upgrading from an EOL release.
- Instructions for virtio disks.