Sites affected: http://loco.ubuntu.com
The navigation between the pages is not very usable at the moment. For example: It is hard to go to your own team page. Also the sub-navigation is very inconsistent and changes on every page. There is no logic!
Consistent UIs are intuitive UIs.
- Only links to pages on LD should be navigation links
- No external links
- No links to feeds (rss/ical/etc)
- Sub-nav links must be relevant to the page contents
- Action links (those that affect page content) should be in-page.
- Sub-nav should be consistent on multiple pages (page groups)
- "Add" action links should be above the list or table they will add to
- Where should Edit/Delete/Copy links be placed?
- Where should feed links be placed?
- Should in-page action links be short text, icons, or both?
- How should external links be styled to indicate they are external?
- No sub-nav on main page
- Rule needed for capitalization. What in nav menus gets caps and what doesn't?
- Separate search and sub-nav as on ubuntu.com to add the ability to remove the sub-nav on main page.
- New "top-nav" section above "main-nav" for login/logout and current user links
- Separate sub-nav and search areas.
Teams: My Teams | Approved Teams | All Teams | Join a Team | Create a Team (first 3 views (from less to much) and then 2 informative pages about changing team membership)
Should be none.