Launchpad Entry: desktop-q-gwibber
Packages affected: gwibber
Discussion of plans for improvements to the Gwibber service in 12.10
- gwibber-service refactoring
Stop caching in the DB completely and rely on the DeeResourceManager for cached models?
- DB schema changes to leverage the advantages of a relational DB instead of just storing json strings?
- Service Plugin changes
- Make plugins standalone processes?
- Provide superclass for all plugins to inherit from, useful for either current model or split processes?
- use libpeas for plugins?
- Split the plugins into separate sources and have individual maintainers for each?
Barry already ported mx.DateTime and looks like there shouldn't be any blockers to porting
Notes from UDS
* gwibber-service refactoring * Testability * Stop caching in the DB completely and rely on the DeeResourceManager for cached models * Service Plugin changes * use libpeas for plugins * Drop some plugins * digg * friendfeed * pingfm * qaiku * python3 * Barry already ported mx.DateTime and looks like there shouldn't be any blockers to porting * Use twitter Streaming API