Launchpad Entry: beginners-launchpad-docs-learning
Created: Thu. Nov. 5, 2009
Contributors: duanedesign, Ubuntu Beginners Team launchpad Focus Group
The Launchpad Focus Group will develop the necessary materials reguired by the Ubuntu Learning Project. Our goal is to give them high quality materials that educate users on Launchpad.
Making information about the tools available to Ubuntu users easier to access and easier to understand. This Launchpad Lesson Plan, Overview, and Practical Sheet will drastically reduce the barriers for including this material in their overall Lesson Plan.
A teacher uses Launchpad as a part of their class and needs the materials to make short work of this task so they can begin the Lesson Plan required by the course. A teacher seeing the wide spread use of Launchpad in the community wants to include a section on Launchpad in his Lesson Plan.
Needs to be short, Launchpad is not perceived as something an entire class should be devoted to.
* Very efficient
* easy to understand
* Modular - Allow for cherry picking of particular topics. A teacher teaching a course on Bugs would not be interested in including materials on Launchpad Translation. Needs to be easy to customize by adding and dropping LP tools.
* I would like to see some screencasts done for this project. These could also be added to the Launchpad YouTube Channel.
Implementation (Plan of Action)
Lesson Plan sample
Overview Sheet sample
- Code: source code hosting using the Bazaar version control system.
- Bugs: a bug tracker that allows bugs to be tracked in multiple contexts (e.g. in an Ubuntu package, as an upstream, or in remote bug trackers).
- Blueprints: a system for tracking Specifications and new features.
- Translations: a site for localising applications into different human languages.
- Answers: a community support site and knowledge base.
A significant but less visible component is Soyuz, "the distribution management portion of Launchpad."
Practical Sheet sample
As The materials reach their Beta stage